Graduate Certificate School Counseling Re-specialization
- Completion of a master's degree in mental health or community agency counseling.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 for all graduate-level work.
- Meet minimum requirements for admission set by the School of Graduate Studies, including English proficiency requirements.
- Online application and fee of $35.
- One official copy of ALL college and/or university academic transcripts.
- Three recommendations from those who can comment on your academic abilities. These should be professional letters - not from personal relationships or therapists.
- A two- to three-page personal statement. Include: your goals and objectives for seeking the post-graduate certificate in School Counseling, your academic or professional accomplishments, career goals, and clearly identify the roles of a school counselor and how your experiences and interests relate to this role.
- Professional Resume
Required Courses (23 credits):
|COUN 501||Ethics: Counseling and Counseling Psychology||4|
|COUN 522||School Counseling and Program Management||3|
|COUN 581||School Counseling Practicum||4|
|COUN 589||School Counseling Internship||12|