Eligibility for Faculty to Pursue Graduate Degree

A faculty member at any rank may take coursework toward a degree at the University. Graduate faculty members wishing to take courses toward an advanced degree at the University must have approval of the dean of their academic college or school and the dean of the School of Graduate Studies. With permission, they will keep their graduate faculty status and are eligible to continue teaching graduate courses, supervise students and serve on committees. The faculty member must show there is no conflict of interest with their current teaching and advising responsibilities. If any conflict is found, any or all of the previously mentioned activities, including the faculty member's graduate faculty status, may be suspended.