Master of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders
The applicant must meet the School of Graduate Studies’ current minimum general admission requirements as published in the graduate catalog.
- Graduate Record Examination—General Test.
- Overall undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 and a 3.00 in Communication Sciences and Disorders courses.
- Admittance to approved status typically requires an undergraduate major in Communication Sciences Disorders or equivalent Post-Baccalaureate Program.
- Three letters of recommendation. Academic references are preferred.
- A personal statement. In your personal essay, please address the following in 500 words or less. Describe how your experiences have shaped you. Explain what distinguishes you from other qualified applicants. Share your long-range goals.
- Admissions for summer and fall enrollment and the award of financial aid will be based on applications completed by January 15.
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies’ English Language Proficiency requirements as published in the graduate catalog.
- Upon admission, students must meet the Essential Functions required by American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
Students seeking the Master of Science degree at the University of North Dakota must satisfy all general requirements set forth by the School of Graduate Studies as well as particular requirements set forth by the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department.
1. A minimum of 67 semester credits in a major field, including the credits granted for a thesis or an independent study.
2. At least one-half of the credits must be at or above the 500-level.
3. A maximum of 9 credit hours required for the degree may be transferred from another institution.
4. Satisfactory performance on a comprehensive final examination.
5. Required CSD Courses:
Course List Code Title Credits CSD 525 Introduction to Research in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology 3 CSD 530 Audiology for SLPs 2-3 CSD 532 Asphasia 3 CSD 533 Investigations in Child Language 3 CSD 534 Advanced Speech Sound Disorders 2 CSD 536 Stuttering Intervention 2 CSD 538 Management of Phonatory Disorders 3 CSD 542 Augmentative and Alternative Communication 3 CSD 550 Motor Speech Disorders 2 CSD 551 Dysphagia 3 CSD 583 Evaluation and Service Delivery 3 CSD 584 Advanced Clinical Practicum 1-16 CSD 572 Right Hemisphere Damage 3 Scholarly Tools PSYC 541 Advanced Univariate Statistics 3 Thesis or Independent Study (Must complete one.) CSD 998 Thesis 4 CSD 997 Independent Study 2 Electives CSD 585 Practicum in the School Setting 10-16 CSD 595 Research Problems in Speech-Language Pathology-Audiology 1-3 CSD 597 Special Problems in Communication Disorders 1-3 CSD 580 Interprofessional Health Care 1Total Credits 67-70