Eligibility to Work for an Advanced Degree

Only those who have been officially admitted to the School of Graduate Studies as Degree Students on the basis of a letter from the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies may work for an advanced degree. Any conditions stipulated in the admission letter must be satisfied according to the terms of the letter. Degree or certificate students who do not satisfy the conditions of the admission letter will be dismissed. Students may petition the School of Graduate Studies for an extension if they are unable to satisfy the conditions of admission. Such petitions must be filed prior to any deadlines that are in the admissions letter.