Readmission of Former Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate students who leave the University for at least one complete semester (excluding summer terms) are required to submit an application for readmission to the Office of the Registrar. (Returning graduate students should refer to the Graduate section.) Readmission to the University does not guarantee readmission to a particular degree program at UND. The Request for Readmission form is available from the UND Office of the Registrar website or upon request from the Office of the Registrar. Students who were previously suspended from the University must be reinstated by the dean of the school or college to which they wish to be admitted before applying for readmission. Students who were previously dismissed from the University must petition for reinstatement to the Student Academic Standards Committee. Submit the petition to the Office of the Registrar, 201 Twamley Hall.

Students who have enrolled in courses from other institutions during their time away from UND must have official transcripts sent from each institution attended. Failure to declare attendance at another institution is cause for dismissal and may result in cancellation of registration or any earned degrees to be revoked. Students whose institutional and cumulative GPA’s are below 2.00 based on all post-secondary work accepted by the University may be denied readmission or may be readmitted on probation. Students whose GPA is under 2.00 will be allowed readmission to UND only upon the approval of the dean of their prospective school or college.