Post-Graduate Certificate (Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner)
- Completion of an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) graduate educational program from an accredited program of nursing
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.00 from a previous graduate program (official transcripts must be submitted)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Current U.S. unencumbered R.N. A.P.R.N. licensure (upload Nursys verification report in application)
- Active national certification in an advance practice registered nurse (APRN) specialty
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies’ English Language Proficiency requirements as published in the graduate catalog
- Statement of goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Interview may be required (via web, phone, or in person)
- Successful passage of criminal background check and drug screen will be required upon offer of admission
- Satisfaction of current health and immunization requirements of the Department of Nursing will be required upon offer of admission
UND may not be able to accommodate clinical experiences in some states due to specific state regulations and competitiveness of placement. Please contact your state board of nursing PRIOR TO APPLYING to see if there are any restrictions or special requirements that could impact your attendance at an out of state online nursing program.
Students must have had the content listed in the following courses in their prior master’s program. Prior transcripts will be reviewed. If the student has not completed any of the specified graduate content from the list below, the course(s) will be added to the required program of study for that student. Course descriptions from the college catalog may be requested to assist in this evaluation. Course content must cover the lifespan. These courses do not count against the transfer credit limit.
- Advanced Physiology/Pathophysiology (life span)* (3 credits)
- Advanced Physical Assessment (3 credits)
- Advanced Pharmacology* (3 credits)
- Health Promotion and/or Maintenance (3 credits)
- Role of the NP course*
*Must be listed as separate courses on the transcripts
Program of study plans are developed based on previous graduate coursework. Course descriptions from the college catalog may be requested to assist in this evaluation.
Course work must have been completed within the past 7 years of beginning the certificate program. Course work at the undergraduate level will not be considered for graduate credit.
Applicants who meet the minimum admission requirements are evaluated individually. The associated Program Track Director will make all the admission decisions.
A total of 25 credits is required for the Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate. These courses meet the requirements of the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
|NURS 538||Psych Diagnostic Reasoning||2|
|NURS 583||Individual Therapy||2|
|NURS 584||Group and Family Therapies||3|
|NURS 588||Management of Psychopathology I||2|
|NURS 589||Management of Psychopathology II||2|
|NURS 597||Advanced Clinical Practicum (I & II)||12|