Other Sources of Aid

The United States Army and U.S. Air Force provide scholarships to students pursuing studies in the Army ROTC program. Four year scholarships are offered on a competitive basis to outstanding students entering college for the first time. ROTC also offers two and three year scholarships to students who have successfully completed one or two years of college and have been selected as the most qualified applicants for the available awards. Enrollment in ROTC is not a prerequisite to applying for a two or three year scholarship. For information, contact the Military Science Department.

American Indian students should contact their local tribal agency concerning their eligibility for BIA/Tribal Scholarship funds. The awarding of BIA/Tribal Scholarships will be dependent upon the availability of funds.

Any active member of the North Dakota National Guard presently serving in either the Army Guard or the Air Guard may receive a partial tuition reimbursement. Loan repayment assistance is also available. For information on eligibility requirements, contact your local National Guard unit or the Office of the Adjutant General, PO Box 551, Bismarck, ND 58502-5511 or (701) 224-5110.

Veterans may be able to receive special educational assistance. Benefits have also been extended to children, wives and widows of deceased or permanently and totally disabled veterans. The Veteran Services officer on campus can assist in any VA related questions or problems. Applications and more information can also be obtained from any Veterans Administration Regional Office.

Students with a physical limitation or health problem may be entitled to certain benefits such as tuition, fees and textbooks reimbursement. Interested students should communicate with the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation at the nearest district or regional office.

There are many outside agencies and sources which offer financial assistance to students. They are so numerous it is impossible to list them all. However, most libraries have available various types of resource materials in order to review the various sources of aid.

Office of the Registrar

Tel: 701.777.2711
Fax: 701.777.2696

Twamley Hall Room 201
264 Centennial Drive Stop 8382
Grand Forks, ND 58202-8382