Refund of Institutional Charges for Withdrawn Students
Student Withdrawal/Cancellation (dropping to zero credits) must adhere to the established refund dates in order to receive a full or partial refund. Students CANNOT withdraw on Campus Connection. Any student leaving UND must complete the official withdrawal/cancellation form, located on the Registrar’s website at: UND.edu/academics/registrar/forms.cfm
- A student who withdraws from the University under normal conditions and after the beginning of instruction will be granted a refund of tuition/fees in accordance with federal regulations and North Dakota State Board of Higher Education policy 830.2.
- Institutional charges shall be refunded according to a schedule approved by the Chancellor that provides for a percentage refund, which approximates the amount the institution must return to the Title IV financial aid programs.
- A student must withdraw officially from the University within the stated refund period to be eligible for a refund of tuition and fees. No refund will be made to a student who is suspended, dismissed, or expelled for breach of discipline. Please visit this link for more detailed information: http://und.edu/one-stop/.
- Any student who has an approved rescind (Room and Board Contract Cancellation) shall receive a refund for his/her room and board in accordance with the State Board of Higher Education refund policy.
- A student may appeal the refund percentage by submitting a Campus Connection Charges Appeal form to Student Account Services in accordance with appeal process outlined in State Board policy 830.2 (#5).
Refunds for Dropped Classes
Students dropping courses must adhere to the refund date specifically set for dropping courses. All dropped courses are completed by the student in Campus Connection. There are no partial refunds for classes dropped after the deadline for a refund. A student cannot drop to zero credits in Campus Connection.
Any student that drops a class within the first 9% of the enrollment period for that class shall receive a 100% refund for the credit hours attributable to the class. After 9% of the enrollment period for a class is completed, no refund shall be made for a class which is dropped,i.e., if a student adds a course to their schedule after the last day to drop, they will not be able to drop the course and get a refund. However, classes of the same number of credits, within the same semester, may be substituted for the dropped class at no additional tuition and fee charge, unless the added class requires a special fee or change in tuition. Correspondence, online, and collaborative courses are not eligible for exchange. The refund dates for dropped courses can be located on the One Stop Student Service’s web page: http://und.edu/one-stop/.
Example of potential negative financial impact from not knowing the difference between dropping and withdrawing:
November 30, 2016: Student enrolls in 12 credits at a cost of $3,627.04.
January 23, 2017: Last Day to Drop with a Refund or Withdraw for a 100% Refund.
January 26, 2017: Student decides that they want to leave UND and drops all (9 credits) but one course on Campus Connection. (Campus Connection will not allow a student to drop all courses online.)
February 1, 2017: Student receives 0% refund on dropped courses.
Still owes $3,627.04
February 3, 2017: Student completes withdrawal form. Receives 75% refund for 3 remaining credits. $680.04
If student would not have dropped any courses on Campus Connection and completed a proper withdrawal for their 12 credits, they would have received a 75% refund on all credits = $2,720.16 for a difference of $,2040.12!
For refund deadlines, please go to: http://und.edu/one-stop/
Contact One Stop Student Services to determine the potential financial impacts of course changes or withdrawal from UND: 701.777.1234; onestop@UND.edu; Memorial Union, Room 136.
Credit Balance Refunds
Students that withdraw or drop credits within the specified dates and deadlines to receive a refund will be issued their credit balance through the BankMobile. For more information on UND refund choices, please visit: https://und.edu/admissions/student-account-services/refund-choice-card.cfm