Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship
This certificate program seeks to provide individuals with diverse educational and professional backgrounds, an interdisciplinary core of knowledge necessary to craft, manage, and act within innovative business and nonprofit enterprises that address social needs, create public value, and achieve social change.
- Students must hold a baccalaureate degree from an educational institution of recognized standing, as determined by the School of Graduate Studies.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- International students must meet the English language and other admission requirements of the University of North Dakota.
- Students must submit an admission portfolio containing:
- A personal statement addressing how the certificate will help them meet their goals
- Official transcripts of all coursework completed
- Three (3) letters of reference
- A description of relevant work experience
Students should note that the above requirements represent minimum achievement levels necessary to be considered for admission; meeting these requirements does not guarantee admission.
Students admitted to the certificate program are required to complete the four three-credit courses (12 credits total) listed below, and are required to maintain a 3.0 GPA in these four courses in order to remain in the program.
|POLS 561||Creation and Management of Social Enterprises||3|
|POLS 562||Political Advocacy and Social Entrepreneurship||3|
|ENTR 575||Special Topics (Sustainability) or approval from director||3|
|ENTR 580||Seminar in Social Entrepreneurship||3|