Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or at least 3.00 for the last two years.
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies’ English Language Proficiency requirements as published in the graduate catalog.
- Students who have received a bachelor’s degree or higher from the United States or English-speaking Canada are not required to submit the TOEFL.
- All applicants are required to respond to essay questions provided in the application, and submit a resume and a writing sample.
- All PK-12 applicants are required to submit to a background check.
- Typically, teaching experience beyond Pk-12 student teaching is required.
- Thirty-five to thirty-nine credits at or above the 500 level.
- At least 12 credits, including 2 for the EDL 997 Independent Study, must be in a single field or area of concentration.
- At least 6 credits must be in an area or areas of concentration (major).
- At least 6 credits must be in Educational Foundations and Research.
- A maximum of one-fourth of the credit hours required for the degree may be transferred from another institution.
- Preparation of a written, faculty approved Independent Study or successful completion of the id21 assessment.
M.Ed. Degree (PK-12 Emphasis)
|EDL 501||Leadership and Organizational Behavior||3|
|EDL 503||Seminar Educational Leadership||1-3|
|EDL 511||Effective Administrative Communications||3|
|EDL 513||Leading Curriculum and Learning||3|
|EDL 514||Supervision and Staff Development||3|
|EDL 515||Education Law and Ethics||3|
|EDL 516||Education Finance and Policy||3|
|EDL 529||Special Education Law||3|
|Select one of the following:||1|
|Middle School Principal Field Study|
|Elementary Principal Field Study|
|Secondary Principal Field Study|
|Select one of the following:||1-3|
|Administration of Elementary School Curriculum|
|Administration of Middle School Curriculum|
|Administration of Secondary School Curriculum|
|Research and Foundations/Cognate|
|EFR 500||Introduction to the Foundations of Education||3|
|EFR 509||Introduction to Educational Research||3|